Look Dev Technical Artist
Bluepoint Games is looking for a LOOK DEV ARTIST to join our team on a full time basis and help drive our unwavering pursuit of industry leading visual quality. You’ll contribute to the AAA titles we currently have in development as well as help set a vision of what is possible for our future titles.
– Conceive visual targets for our games. Dream, then make it happen on screen
– Drive Art Direction through creation of 3D concept prototypes using any means necessary
– Solve visual challenges that occur during production, then work with the Rendering and Art teams to translate the visual solutions into implementable techniques
– Create particle effects that make Hollywood jealous
– Mentor the Art team to achieve the visual goals in game via the development tools
– Research and implement cutting edge visuals, technologies, and techniques
– Develop procedures to improve game asset quality
– Help define shader, texture, and lighting quality
– Define and tune screen space effects for highest quality visual results in our shipped title.
– Complete understanding of game workflows and pipelines
– Experience working with multiple game engines
– Expert knowledge of Maya, ZBrush, and Photoshop
– Competent knowledge of Max, Houdini, or other 3D applications
– Shader writing knowledge
– At least 5 years of experience in the games industry
– Strong communication skills
– A portfolio reflecting high-quality game art
– Able to work onsite at our facility in Austin, TX.
– Experience with Allegorithmic Substance Designer
– Maya scripting experience in Python and MEL
Bluepoint Games is located in Austin, TX, and we specialize in technologically innovative console video games and video game engine development. We are committed to the highest quality gaming experiences.
With roots in original development, our team has remastered award-winning PS2, PS3 and Xbox 360 classics in high(er) definition for leading consoles (God of War Collection, ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, Flower, Gravity Rush Remastered, Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection). We also provided our expertise to co-development efforts on Sony’s PlayStation All-Stars (developed on the Bluepoint Engine) and Respawn’s Titanfall.
We are passionately at work remaking a classic for current-gen game systems, growing our capabilities as a team and raising the bar for what fans anticipate from us.
If you qualify and you feel the potential calling you, please email your resume and materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “LOOK DEV TECHNICAL ARTIST” and your name in the subject line.