Senior Graphics Engineer
Are your brilliant programming talents too big for a narrow box in corporate game development? Are you inspired by solving hard problems using any means necessary? Want to work in an open environment with smart people who respect what you do and are eager to work together?
Bluepoint Games is a completely independent and financially stable games company comprised of industry veterans who believe that hiring nothing but top talent means better products and a better environment–with less overhead and politics. We are looking for a SENIOR GRAPHICS ENGINEER with an interest in cutting-edge graphics and visual effects systems to join our efforts in developing advanced titles for major current- and next-gen consoles.
Remember why you joined the industry in the first place? That job is waiting for you.
- High- and low-level optimization of rendering code for console platforms
- Development and maintenance of content generation and content optimization pipelines
- Research into new real-time rendering techniques and features
- Collaboration with other team members to determine rendering requirements
- Implementation of rendering features to the Bluepoint Engine
- Expert knowledge of C++
- Strong knowledge of HLSL/CG
- Excellent understanding of fundamentals behind low-level graphics engine development
- Ability to optimize own and others’ code
- Ability to manage oneself
- Must have shipped at least one well-reviewed title on PS3 and/or Xbox 360 as a graphics engineer
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast-paced environment
- Real influence and leadership opportunities in a small, respectful team of veteran developers
- Extremely competitive salary and bonuses along with excellent healthcare plans let you worry more about the work
- Scenic studio space on the river in beautiful Austin, TX with all the perks you’d expect from a professional studio that invests heavily in its workforce
Bluepoint Games is located in Austin, TX and specializes in technology-driven console games and game engine development. We are focused on delivering the highest possible quality games.
The team has remastered classic PS2 games in high definition for the PS3 and Xbox 360 (Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, God of War Collection, ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection), developed original titles (Blast Factor – the first available downloadable game on the PlayStation Network), and created its own proprietary game engine (Bluepoint Engine). Our most recently-completed project is the PS Vita version of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, with both the PS Vita and PlayStation 3 versions built on our Bluepoint Engine.
We are currently bringing a Sony classic to current game systems as well as teaming our technical expertise with an industry leading developer on a next-gen, blockbuster franchise.