Senior Graphics Engineer
Are your brilliant programming talents too big for a narrow box in corporate game development? Are you inspired by solving hard problems using any means necessary? Want to work in an open environment with smart people who respect what you do and are eager to work together?
Bluepoint Games is a completely independent and financially stable video game development company comprised of industry veterans who believe that hiring nothing but top talent means better products and a better environment, with less overhead and politics. We are looking for a SENIOR GRAPHICS ENGINEER with an interest in cutting-edge graphics and visual effects systems join our team on a full time basis developing AAA titles for latest-gen home consoles.
Remember why you joined the industry in the first place? That job is waiting for you.
- High- and low-level optimization of rendering code for console platforms
- Development and maintenance of content generation and content optimization pipelines
- Research into new real-time rendering techniques and features
- Collaboration with other team members to determine rendering requirements
- Implementation of rendering features to the Bluepoint Engine
- Expert knowledge of C++
- Strong knowledge of HLSL/CG
- Excellent understanding of fundamentals behind low-level graphics engine development
- Ability to optimize own and others’ code
- Ability to manage oneself
- Must have shipped at least one well-reviewed title on PS3 and/or Xbox 360 as a graphics engineer
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast-paced environment
- Real influence and leadership opportunities in a small, respectful team of veteran developers
- Extremely competitive salary and bonuses along with excellent healthcare plans let you worry more about the work
- Scenic studio space on the river in beautiful Austin, TX with all the perks you’d expect from a professional studio that invests heavily in its workforce
Bluepoint Games is located in Austin, TX, and we specialize in technologically innovative console video games and video game engine development. We are committed to the highest quality gaming experiences.
With roots in original development, our team has remastered award-winning PS2, PS3 and Xbox 360 classics in high(er) definition for leading consoles (God of War Collection, ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, Flower, Gravity Rush Remastered, Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection). We also provided our expertise to co-development efforts on Sony’s PlayStation All-Stars (developed on the Bluepoint Engine) and Respawn’s Titanfall.
We are passionately at work remaking a classic for current-gen game systems, growing our capabilities as a team and raising the bar for what fans anticipate from us.
If you feel you qualify and you’re interested in joining us, please email your resume and materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “SENIOR GRAPHICS ENGINEER” and your name in the subject line.
If you currently reside outside of the US, please state whether you are legally authorized to work in the US.