Senior Technical Artist
Bluepoint Games is looking for a SENIOR TECHNICAL ARTIST to join our team on a full time basis. Tackle the most complex asset challenges and join us in developing a world-class workflow to unleash the potential of our art team in developing AAA titles for latest-gen home consoles.
Please note: This is not an entry level position.
– Develop powerful and efficient workflows for the Art team
– Create new techniques and procedures to improve game asset quality
– Help improve and refine shader, texture, lighting quality
– Research and help develop new technologies
– Identify and fix pipeline issues
– Analyze and help correct art asset inefficiencies affecting console performance
– Mentor and support the Art team
– Act as a liaison between Engineering and the Art departments
– Assist with problem solving daily production issues
– Complete understanding of game workflows and pipelines
– Experience working with multiple game engines
– Expert knowledge of Maya
– Maya scripting experience in Python and MEL
– Basic knowledge of Photoshop scripting techniques
– At least 5 years of professional experience in the games industry with at least one shipped title (excluding academic projects)
– A portfolio reflecting high-quality game art, scripted tools, and shaders
– The ability to work onsite at our facility in Austin, TX
– Experience with Allegorithmic Substance Designer
– Shader authoring skills (HLSL, GLSL, CGFX) knowledge
Bluepoint Games is located in Austin, TX, and we specialize in technologically innovative console games and game engine development. We are committed to the highest quality gaming experiences.
With roots in original development, our team has remastered award-winning PS2, PS3 and Xbox 360 classics in high(er) definition for leading consoles (God of War Collection, ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, Flower, Gravity Rush Remastered, Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection) and we provided our expertise to co-development efforts on Sony’s PlayStation All-Stars (developed on the Bluepoint Engine) and Respawn’s Titanfall.
We are passionately at work remaking a classic for current game systems, growing our capabilities as a team and raising the bar for what fans anticipate from us.
If you qualify and you feel the potential calling you, please email your resume and materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “SENIOR TECHNICAL ARTIST” and your name and in the subject line.